Saturday, August 8, 2009

Stop this madness

I think my head is going to explode.

Now we can add David Ortiz to the list of athletes caught using performance-enhancing drugs who blames legal over-the-counter supplements and vitamins for the reported positive test.

For once, can someone who gets caught just admit it.

Here's where I give Alex Rodriguez an ounce of credit -- and those who have read my previous blogs know I think A-Rod deserves all the negative press he has received for being a cheat. But A-Rod, when the report of his name being on the list of those who tested positive for performance enhancers surfaced, at least admitted to taking steroids.

It was a clunky admission that still left plenty of questions, but it was still an admission of guilt.

And by the way, reading the statements of outrage from the players' union and MLB about Papi's name being leaked and how the reported 104 on the list might not actually all be positive tests, made me ask one question: "Where was all this support when A-Rod was outed?"

I don't recall the players' union attorney sitting next to A-Rod at his press conference like he was at today's Ortiz' press conference. And I don't remember the players' union when the A-Rod news broke saying they never told anybody who tested positive that they were on the list like they were saying today. In fact, if memory serves me, A-Rod said he was told my someone in the players' association he might have been on the list.

And I certainly don't recall the MLB disputing the number of reported positive tests.

I guess when it comes to baseball and performance-enhancing drugs, not all players are created equal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home