Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rough night

Well folks,
Last night was just one of those night I would just as soon forget.
You know those times in your own jobs, when nothing goes the way you planned. That was my situation last night (Wednesday).
Computer problems, creative problems barely describe my struggles in trying to get out today's (Thursday) sports section. A wise man here at the Freeman says, "If it were raining soup, I'd be caught with a fork." Well, not only was I caught holding the fork, that fork was missing all of its prongs.
Athletes, all the time, talk about being in the zone or in a slump. God, it felt like I took an 0-for last night. About the only bright spot was a big Yankee win and the Rocket taking his next step on his road to the Bronx.
As the head of my department I place more pressure on myself to be perfect than I do to my guys who work for me. We are a small staff that covers a lot of area, but I know a lot is expected of us by you the public.
That's the way it should be.
But sometimes you just have one of those days where execution doesn't come close to expectations as was the case last night.
I know in my initial post I spoke about keeping things light-hearted in this space. But I just had to vent because that's what I do when I get disappointed in myself.
So I am looking forward to the next few days off and getting a chance to see one of my nephews play baseball. Nothing puts a smile on my face like watching my nephews play ball. I hope to get a chance to blog from the road. If not, have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
So, until next time, as always take care and God bless.