Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Enjoying the day

Hey gang:
It's always fun for me when I get the opportunity to actually get out and cover an event.
I had such an opportunity earlier today when I went to Ulster County Community College to cover it's men's soccer match against Springfield Tech. The Senators dominated the Rams and earned a berth in the national junior college semifinals this weekend.
It had been quite some time since I had the chance to cover a soccer game at Ulster. In fact, I believe the last soccer game at Ulster I covered was more than 10 years ago, when Ulster won a regional title to advance to nationals.
Freaky!
While many things at the college have changed, one thing remains a constant -- Ulster coach George Vizvary. George was there long before I covered the team as a writer for the campus paper and he seemingly never changes.
It's fun to try to imitate his thick Hungarian accent and re-create the countless sayings he has given over the years -- many of which aren't suitable for publication.
George is a colorful, quote machine and after a six-year absence, he will take those quotes to Herkimer Community College and nationals.
George Vizvary and nationals -- sounds like it'll be a fun time in Herkimer.
Until next time, take care and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home