Monday, May 26, 2008

A break from the mundane

I had the RARE opportunity over the weekend to get away from sports and catch a couple of movies.
I saw the new Indiana Jones flick as well as Iron Man, and I must say as person who was at best a casual fan of the Indiana Jones' movies in the 80s and one who never read the Iron Man comics, I found I really enjoyed both.
I know it's a weird measuring stick, but when I go to a movie, or a play, even a sporting event, I judge the quality of what I'm seeing by what I call the watch factor. More specifically, how many times do I find myself looking at my watch?
Obviously, the more times I'm checking the time, the less I'm enjoying what I'm seeing.
I can tell you I did not look at my watch once during either movie. Both movies were well-paced and entertaining. They were a lot of fun to watch.
So if you're one of those who haven't seen either, I think they're both well worth the two hours of your time.
Let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Nothing against Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones, but it makes me feel old. I remember watching the first two Indie movies when I was in high school or college. Now, 20 plus years later, I am old, with three kids, and Harrison Ford is still Indiana Jones? "They Shoot Horse, Don't They?" That's both a little shot at Ford and a tribute to the late Sydney Pollack.

May 27, 2008 at 8:35 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home