Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Classic on hold

If the Kingston Classic indeed is done for the year, then I for one will be sad not see it around.

I'm not a runner, but I have to admit it was always fun watching the runners pass by the Freeman -- to see them all, the elite runners to the avid competitors to the causal runners -- was always fun.

I think I had more fun seeing them pass the Freeman on the way back and to see their obviously-gassed faces with a look of both exhaustion and relief, knowing the end of the race was near.

I do hope the idea of holding the Classic in the fall does not pan out because the Classic belongs in April, not September or October. But let's hope this only serves as a one-year hiatus, not a death sentence, for the Classic.

The race and the runners deserve better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home