Sunday, May 20, 2012

We Want Another

So two down, one to go for I'll Have Another.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most avid of horse racing fans, but I will be one of the millions of people watching when the Kentucky Derby and Preakness champion looks to win a historic Triple Crown next month at the Belmont.

The last thoroughbred to win the Triple Crown was Affirmed in 1978, and there have only been 11 horses to ever win all three races.

Several have tried, but most of them have failed.

Let's hope I'll Have Another can accomplish what Big Brown in 2008, Smarty Jones in 2004, Funny Cide in 2003 and War Emblem in 2002 failed to do this century alone.

Horse racing and sports fans in general would have something to tip their hats to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home