Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rush to judgement?

Hey folks:
I have a quick question about Roger Clemens and the Mitchell Report. I vowed to myself I'd stop talking about this because even I'm getting sick of it, but I just have to ask.
Given the way the media has lambasted Clemens -- calling him a cheat for allegedly taking steroids and HGH and a liar for denying it on Tuesday -- if we play the what-if game for a moment, suppose it comes out down the road -- two months from now, six months from now, whatever -- that Clemens was telling the truth and his former personal trainer wasn't, then what?
Will those in the media who have blasted Rocket this past week admit they were wrong, or will they say something like "O.J. was acquitted and we all know he's guilty, same with Clemens?"
The same could also be said for Barry Bonds, although it appears there is a lot more evidence that points to him taking steroids rather than the word of one former trainer.
In the end, I believe Clemens is probably guilty, but are we ready to take one of the greatest pitchers in our era and tarnish his legacy forever over hearsay?
Just curious?
Until next time, take care and God bless.