Thursday, August 7, 2008

The nightmare is over

So the Brett Favre saga is finally over?

Thank goodness.

I don't know if I'm happier for you Jets fans, who seem to be extremely excited about getting a Hall of Fame quarterback in his last couple of years of playing or for many, like me, who are simply happy not to turn on ESPN to see hour after hour after hour of coverage of whether Brett will play in Green Bay or not.

While I don't believe Favre will be the savior to lead the Jets to the promised Super Bowl land, I do believe he is a short-term (two seasons) substantial upgrade over Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens. Favre might make the Jets a wild card contender.

More important than that for Gang Green is Favre helps the Jets grab the spotlight from the Super Bowl champion Giants -- at least for now.

So it should make for an interesting football season in New York. Let's just hope this is the last I have to blog about Brett Favre until he does something during the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home