Monday, August 4, 2008

Hedging my bets

What a difference a week makes.

It was this time last week, I said it would not surprise me to see a Subway Series. Boy was I wrong.

Since then, the Mets, who stood silent on trade deadline day, have hit the skids. They are essentially playing with two outfielders at this points (Carlos Beltran and Endy Chavez) and the bullpen -- especially closer Billy Wagner -- looks very hitable.

Do any of you Mets fans trust your team in a big spot?

I didn't think so.

The Yanks, meanwhile, saw a true Series contender in the Los Angeles Angels. If not for a truly horrible defensive game Sunday, the Halos would have won 3 of 4 at the Stadium. Do any of you Yankee fans truly believe IF the Bombers make the postseason (Tampa, Boston, Chicago and Minnesota will have a lot to say about that) they can match-up with the Angels?

I didn't think so.

Making predictions is always fun and I'm sure next week, IF the Mets and Yanks are playing well again, I'll change my mind once again. This flip-floppin' is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home