Friday, October 10, 2008

Pause for politics

I think I need an intervention.

For the past few weeks, I've really been off my game in terms of keeping up with the sports landscape. I am a sports-lover by nature. In fact, I really don't think you could effectively have a job in this media (whether it's print, radio or TV) without having that passion running through your veins.

The baseball playoffs are in full swing; the NFL is more than a quarter way through it's regular season; the NHL season is underway; and the NBA season is right around the corner.

Right now, however, I am obsessed with politics. I've never considered myself political, but there's something about the election of our next president that has just made me sit up and take notice more than I ever have in the more than 20 years I've been eligible to vote.

But although, my love for sports has been put temporarily put on the back-burner, it's not completely out of my mind. I find myself watching these candidates with the same frame of mind that I watch my favorite sports teams.

Now it's not the purpose of this blog to offer my views or who I support. I bring this up only to ask everyone to get out and vote. My oldest nephew, who turned 18 in the spring, is eligible to vote in first election.

I encouraged him, as I am encouraging all who read this blog, to get out and vote. With all the challenges this country faces these days, the stakes are too high to sit on the sidelines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home