Saturday, February 20, 2010

Do we really care?

After having a day to mull it over, I've decided to be the 1,000,000,000th person to comment on Tiger Woods' public statement.

I've heard many people call it heartfelt, phony, robotic, clinical, a step in the right direction and after seeing it I can see each person's viewpoint.

But, first of all, as a golf fan who admires Tiger Woods as a golfer, I didn't need to hear an apology from him about his marital infidelity. For that he needs to make peace with his wife, his family, his God and his conscience.

For those who said he looked robotic speaking from prepared text, I say, you're right. However, for those who have followed him over the years, I believe they would agree he looks pretty robotic no matter what the situation -- whether he's apologizing for his transgressions or celebrating another major win.

I know a lot of people felt he had to make some public statement, many even saying he should hold a full-blown press conference. Count me among those who would disagree.

The part of the speech that raised my eyebrow was the part when he said he hoped to return to gold this year. From the sound of it, I don't think we need to look for Tiger playing in a PGA event anytime soon.

Tiger Woods the golfer is really the only Tiger Woods I care about. Tiger Woods the adulterer -- I'll leave that for TMZ and Entertainment Tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home