Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keeping up the intensity

Is it just me, or have the hits in all levels of football become that much more intense?

From NFL games to college down to our own local level, I've never seen hits that fierce. It makes you wonder what can be done to make things even more safer for especially the kids.

I know officials try to enforce the rules even more closely with an eye on safety, but even that might not matter.

I remember seeing a movie several years ago called Starship Troopers. There was a scene in the beginning of this kind of futuristic football game and when I think of where football might go in the future, I think of that scene.

I'm sure you all have your own examples, but let's just hope -- for safety sake -- football does not become any more violent than it already has.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Schiffres, City Editor said...

On the flip side, the NFL doesn't need refs who call a personal foul penalty when a defender's hand brushes against Peyton Manning's helmet, as was the case in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Eagles-Colts game.

November 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home