Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sad day

If the reports are true that the Empire State Games are canceled, I, for one, will be disappointed.

I truly understand the climate of the economics of the state. But that doesn't make the situation any less sad. I know many people around these parts very-much look forward to participating each year.

I remember the excitement when the Hudson Valley hosted the games a few years ago and I remember the disappointment when the games, scheduled to return to the area a couple of years ago, were canceled because of money.

The Empire State Games were the closest thing anyone around here will get to competing in an Olympic-style competition.

If the reports the Games are finished are true, let's hope it's only temporary. If indeed it's over for good, the Empire State Games will surely be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home