Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tough season

Hey folks:
Well after spending a few days of R&R, watching my nephew play a baseball tournament in Allentown, Pa., I'm back and ready to blog.
I have to admit my nephew's team did not fare well down in Allentown, but they didn't come close to doing as poorly as my beloved Yankees since the Bombers took 2 of 3 from the Red Sox a week ago.
I don't know about the rest of you, but after taking last week's series at the Stadium, I truly thought the Yanks were ready to turn that corner.
Boy, was I wrong.
I'm a diehard fan -- proud to admit it -- but even I have all but given up hope on this team catching Boston for the East title. And my hopes of the Yanks getting in the chase for the wild-card spot are fading as well.
It's not as though the Yankees don't have the talent to win and win often, but when you see the way they're losing games these days ... I'm very much a karma guy, and the karma is simply not there.
On my nephew's baseball team, at least half -- if not more -- of the players and their families root for the Mets. But, to a person, these fans seemed to take more delight in the perils of the Yankees compared to the cherishing the wonderful season their team is having.
Oh, well.
No doubt, this season has become a prayer answered for all those who loathe the Yanks. I guess 10 years of great karma has turned on my team.
I can only hope it does not cost Joe Torre or Brian Cashman their jobs, because I believe the two are as responsible for the great 10 years the Yanks have had as many people are blaming them for the Bombers' struggles this year.
Keep the faith Yankee fans, it couldn't get any worse ... could it?
Take care and God bless.