Monday, July 16, 2007

Back and blogging

Well folks:
Just when you thought it was safe to check out the latest Freeman blogs, look who's back.
I'd love to give an elaborate explanation for my absence these past couple of weeks, but in the end, while taking a much-needed vacation, well, I was just a bum and decided to give myself some time off from the world of sports, so to speak.
Geez, did I pick a bad time for that!
Where to begin?
-- Should I address the A-Rod contract saga, or the subsequent drama surrounding Jorge Posada or Mariano Rivera?
-- How about the Mets' coaching shakeup? Did respected hitting coach Rick Down have to get the axe in favor of adding Rickey Henderson to the coaching staff?
-- What about Gary Sheffield and his comments about Joe Torre and the fact that Kenny Lofton agreed with Sheff's assessments?
-- Who do the Mets and Yanks need as we head to the trade deadline? And who should each team be willing to give up?
-- And what about the Tour de France ... wait, just kidding with that one.
I have lots to say about all those subjects (except for the Tour de France) but I will wait and tackle each one over the next few days.
For now, I just wanted to take a quick second and let you all know I have not disappeared and I look forward to blogging to you all soon.
So stay tuned, and as always, take care and God bless.