Saturday, June 16, 2007

Staying awake

Ok, bloggers:
It's time to ask for your help.
With my assistant beginning his vacation, I'm about to embark upon a two-week stretch with no days off. Given my hours, it's a rather daunting task.
I don't drink coffee and I've basically given up any kind of caffeinated product for diet green tea. My sleep patterns are non-existent.
So, in my attempt to stay alert, I'm looking for tips -- no tip too off the wall -- to keep myself fresh over the next couple of weeks. Things I can do in the office, in my car, at home, whatever.
On those long days we all have from time to time, what keeps you all going strong?
Watching the early rounds of the U.S. Open hasn't helped. I understand the USGA has to make its Open course as difficult as possible, but when the top three players in the world -- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Jim Furyk -- are a combined, I don't know 1,000,000,000 over par, there might be a problem.
I actually enjoy watching golf on television, but what I've seen over the first two rounds is anything but golf.
The Subway Series opener at the Stadium was enjoyable to follow -- even of my guys came out on the losing end. A couple of more tight games like that will help get me through the weekend.
Hopefully, your weekend will be less stressful.
Until next time, take care and God bless.