Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What's going on here?

Hey gang:
Well I tried to put it off, give it a day, see if I could clear my mind.
But in the end, my frustration has only grown with time.
How can a team, playing as well as the Yankees had been playing, go so bad, so quickly?
Let me get this straight, they win nine straight games, take 2 of 3 from the Boston Red Sox (arguably the best team in baseball -- Yuk!), win nine straight, take 2 of 3 from the Mets (unquestionably the best team in the National League -- Double Yuk!! -- just kidding) and then they get swept ... in Colorado ... by the Rockies followed by losing 2 of 3 ... in San Francisco ... to the Giants?!?
What the heck is going on here?
The Yankee problems are too numerous to get into in detail, but if you ask me, save for Mariano Rivera and maybe 1 or 2 other guys, I'd flush that whole bullpen down the toilet -- starting with Kyle Farnsworth.
Just how could a guy with 99-mile-per-hour stuff throw pitches that a Little League could hit? And then open his big mouth when the Yankees signed Roger Clemens and allowed him to leave the team to be with his family.
News flash to Farnsworth -- the Rocket has yet to leave the team -- and I'd still have more faith in him pitching in relief on his throw day than you on any day.
I'm not sure how to fix what ails the Yanks these days, but I'm not ready to give up the ship just yet.
There's a good run left in them. They just have to get healthy, come together and make their run. But they better do it quickly.
That's all for now. Until next time, take care and God bless.