Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good luck Grasshopper!

Well guys:
I don't know about you, but I hate saying goodbye.
Recently I had to say it to someone who I consider like a daughter to me.
Over the dozen years I coached softball, I met with and helped teach many kids, and I can honestly say I was extremely fond of at least 95 percent of that group. I always considered it my honor to have been a tiny piece of their lives over the years.
There were two kids, however, that I could honestly call my family. The first I said goodbye to as she went off to attend the College of St. Rose last year. This year it's saying goodbye to the second, who is off to the University of Kentucky on a softball scholarship.
I only got the privilege to coach Samantha, or as Grasshopper as I've called her for years now, for one summer a few years back. But it did not take long to realize how special a person she was back then. She's the kind of kid I think most parents would be thrilled to call their daughter.
Since then my friendship with her and her parents has grown over the years and I had the greatest of times watching and reading as she became one of the -- if not THE -- premier softball player in the area.
Although I'm not a parent like many of you out there, I think I have a pretty good idea what you guys feel must like when you send your kids away to school.
By the time Samantha might see this, she'll be settling into her new digs at Kentucky, and I just wanted to use this time to wish her the best of luck and tell her how proud I am of her.
Grasshopper, URon will miss you greatly!
Until next time, take care and God bless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hollister, replica watches, pandora charms, michael kors outlet online, toms shoes, moncler, thomas sabo, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, links of london, canada goose, marc jacobs, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, lancel, coach outlet, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose uk, barbour, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, doke gabbana outlet, wedding dresses, karen millen, doudoune canada goose, moncler outlet, michael kors handbags, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, barbour jackets, canada goose, ugg boots uk, juicy couture outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, michael kors outlet, ugg pas cher

September 22, 2015 at 8:54 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
oakley sunglasses
rolex uk
ugg boots
swarovski outlet
juicy couture tracksuit
chanel outlet store
michael kors outlet
cheap nike shoes
ray ban outlet
uggs outlet
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet store
ferragamo shoes
north face jackets
air max 90
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
ghd uk
ferragamo outlet
1128MINKO

November 27, 2015 at 11:29 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

nike requin
coach outlet
off white jordan 1
polo ralph lauren outlet
pandora
mulberry bags
longchamp handbags
salomon boots
air jordan
vibram fivefingers

May 18, 2018 at 10:03 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home