Sunday, December 23, 2007

Giant statement

Hey gang:
Today was a big day for the Giants.
By beating the Bills, the Giants assured themselves a spot in the playoffs. I believe they all but assured something else -- the New England Patriots finishing the regular season undefeated.
With the Giants having nothing to play for when they host New England on Saturday, look for Big Blue to give its banged-up starters ample rest. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants sit guys like Plaxico Burress -- who's been injured all year -- the whole game, while only playing guys like Eli Manning a half a game at bhest to give him some needed rest.
Not having a rooting interest in this game, I must admit I'm a little bummed the game is meaningless for New York. I would like to have seen the Giants go toe-to-toe with the Pats for an entire game. I'm not saying New York would have won the game, but they have enough talent thst I would have given them a punchers' chance.
Now, I would be stunned if we don't see the Patriots winning by double digits.
The Giants are doing the right thing for themselves in getting ready for the playoffs. That said, with the Patriots on the precipice of NFL history it would have been nice to see the game mean something for both teams.
But you can't have it all, I guess.
Until next time, take care and God bless.