Saturday, February 2, 2008

Super prediction

Ok gang:
You've waited patiently for my Super Bowl prediction, and I'm sure you've been waiting to get my pick before you all go out and bet the house on the big game :0) so here it is.
Patriots 38, Giants 17
I know what you're saying -- "Isn't this the exact score he predicted nearly two weeks ago?"
And I say, "You're right."
I said back then, I think the Patriots are too talented and too close to making history to stub their toe here. And that's not to take anything away from the Giants. They have proven to be the second best team in football.
That said, they're going against No. 1 and I just don't see it being that close.
The Pats have done nothing in my mind to think they won't be prepared for this game, and, if anything, the Giants have done most of the talking this week.
Sometimes, when it comes to talking to the media, you have to let sleeping dogs lie, but the Giants have certainly given Bill Belichick and the Patriots enough bulletin board material if they needed the extra motivation.
The bottom line is, the Patriots have been the far superior team in football all season and in the end I'm picking the best.
That said, here's a thought. Assuming a victory and a 19-0 season, where does this Patriots' team rank among all the other great teams? Would they have to be considered the greatest football team of all-time?
Just wondering what you all think.
Until next time, take care and God bless.