Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deal done, finally

The biggest non-story, thankfully, came to an end.

Derek Jeter and the Yankees finalized their contract extension and all was right in the world. The Yankee captain said he was angry at the Bombers during negotiations and I say stop whining. The Yankees said during negotiations Jeter needed to drink the reality potion and I say stop the whining.

Everyone knew Jeter wasn't going anywhere but for the past month these negotiations have dominated the landscape. Why are the Yankees being so callous to their icon? Why is Jeter being so unreasonable to the team that has treated him so well for so long? And could this lead to Jeter playing elsewhere?

I had to laugh everytime I heard one of those questions. Negotiations usually get a little messy and this one was no different. Yet everyone -- from Yankee fans to Yankee haters -- had their opinions.

I guess I just never got too wrapped up in billionaires arguing with millionaires over millions of dollars.

In Jeter's case, I won't have to hear about it for another three of four years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home