Saturday, June 2, 2007

Long day into night

Well everyone:
This might be one of my shorter blogs.
It's midnight. I'm at the end of a nearly 15-hour day and I'm exhausted. But it's one of those good exhausteds (if that's even a word).
I got a chance to cover two Section 9 championship baseball games -- the first in the morning and the second came late afternoon. For the most part, this position does not afford me the opportunity to go out and cover these games, so when I get the opportunities, I truly cherish them.
It helped that I got a chance to see a pair of local teams advance to regionals. The first -- Pine Plains -- did so in dramatic fashion by blowing a 4-run lead late only to come back and tie the score in the sixth and win it with a two-out double in the seventh.
The second local team -- Kingston -- clearly showed why it's the class of the section. Although the Tigers did not win dramatic fashion, their 11-run third inning was pretty awe-inspiring.
All-in-all it was a great day to be the sports editor for a local newspaper. The weather was great and the baseball fun to watch.
Next time, maybe I'll try to catch a nap in between games. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Until next time, take care and God bless.