Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day in the sun

Hey everyone:
It's the morning blog. Sorry it's been so long since I last posted, but it's been a very hectic time in the Freeman sports department over the last several days.
That said, I have a question.
How is it that someone who is folically challenged (just take a look at my picture) and pushing 38 years old still at times doesn't have enough common sense to either wear a hat or at least use sunblock when he knows he's spending an entire day in the hot sun covering the state track & field championships here at Dietz Stadium?
Right now my whole head is about as red as a lobster.
But covering the state meet was a blast. My kudos to those who were apart of it -- especially Leone Timing, which made getting the results so easy. Having easy and fast access to those results are vital in this business and Leone delivered big time as far as myself and reporter Eric Houghtaling are concerned.
The meet, in general, ran smoothly from where my perspective.
And congratulations to all those area athletes who got a chance to compete at states -- from our lone state champ (Avery Evans of Pine Plains) to the ones who didn't qualify for the final. You should be proud of your accomplishments to get to this level.
And, finally, a quick apology to Julien Hillyer and the coaches at Onteora for my mistake in Saturday's paper. You know, sometimes you have a brain fart and mistakes happen. Thanks to Mike Boms and Patrick Burkhardt for taking it easy on me with the ribbing at Dietz.
My apologies once again.
Well folks, that's it for the morning blog. It's time to get a little breakfast. Another question -- I wonder if I can actually cook scrambled eggs on my head? Just wondering.
Until next time, take care and God bless.